Deadline for Tuition Assistance application in 2019 is: April 2, 2019*
The process for determining funding slots is outlined below:
Available Tuition Assistance slots will be allocated between employers proportionate to the percentage of eligible members;
- When the applications are considered, selection of applicants will be made based on eligibility and seniority at each employer;
- The Training Fund will verify seniority with your employer’s Human Resources department;
- Upon verification of seniority by your employer, we will reach out to you to advise you of your position on the waitlist;
- The benefit amount for Service/Maintenance, LPN and Non-Professional Members in 2019 is $3500 based on Full Time Equivalency (FTE)
*Any funding that will be provided based on the April 2 funding cycle will be for people who need tuition assistance for Fall quarter 2019.
Note: Those already enrolled in a qualified program through the Training Fund will maintain their current funding level as long as they do not miss more than 1 term in their approved schedule.
Don’t forget, you also have access to a variety of Education Services benefits including:
- Assessment, Navigation & Career Counseling
- Funding for professional development activities and Continuing Education Units
- Access to workshops and programs like basic computers and English Language Learner (ELL)
- EVS CHEST program (for Swedish Medical Center members)
To get on the waitlist for Tuition Assistance funding, please complete our application. If you have any questions, please contact the Training Fund office at (425) 255-0315.