Recently we have been receiving questions from members about the Pro/Tech Conference application deadlines and awards. This is a program that is available to our members from the Professional and Technical bargaining unit of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW. Conference Travel Benefit Funding can cover the costs of registration, travel, and hotel for regional or national conferences (within the United States and Canada only). Applications are accepted on a quarterly basis and we recently passed the first quarter deadline on March 1.
Below are important details that address the recent questions. These details and additional information are available on the Conference Travel Benefit for Professional and Technical Workers page.
- You must apply in advance of the conference. We will not fund conferences that you have already attended prior to the application.
- Funding decisions are based on seniority (there are limited funds available).
- Funding decisions for the March 1 deadline will be made at the end of March.
- Applications received after March 1 will not be reviewed until after the next quarterly deadline (June 1, 2020). Funding decisions will be made for those applications at the end of June.
- You may receive up to $1,500 for Conference Travel & Attendance per year (pro-rated based on FTE).
If you have questions, please contact us at (425) 255-0315 or .