Academic Support & Workshops
The Training Fund provides multiple academic resources to help you succeed in school, including: course tip sheets, basic computer classes, standardized test prep, and more.
Please note that all workshops are held virtually/online on Zoom. If you need help using Zoom, please visit our Help with Online Tools page.
Academic Support Materials
We provide resources to help you prepare for exams and meet your educational goals.
Our Regional Education Navigators (REN) can help you determine what support materials you need to you succeed. Please connect with your assigned REN to request materials. Once approved, requested materials will be shipped directly to you.
If you have not been assigned to a REN, please complete this form to get started.
Laptop Lending Program
We have partnered with Eduscape to provide laptops – free of charge – to Training Fund members who are currently enrolled in Training Fund educational or professional development programs.
This amazing resource is part of our commitment to provide digital access to our members!
Read more about eligibility and request your laptop here.
Personal Statement Workshop
This workshop helps you write effective personal statements to improve your chances of getting accepted into education programs, and also guidance provided by one of our Personal Statement Tutors.
Workshops are offered on these dates:
- Saturday, Feb. 26 (elapsed)
- Sunday, Oct. 2
When and where: 1 – 2:30 p.m. This virtual workshop is currently only offered online.
Our Resume Workshop helps you create and polish your resume, and improve your chances of standing out when applying for career opportunities.
Writing or updating an effective resume is a “must” when pursuing a new job or applying to an education program. We can help you prepare a dynamic resume for your next educational or career application.
- Useful advice on preferred resume formats for healthcare employers
- Recommendations & best practices on framing your experience & accomplishments
- Connections to resources; including the Training Fund’s Employment Services
Workshops are offered on the dates & times listed here:
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. Thursday, February 3 (elapsed)
- 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 16
- 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8
If you will be graduating soon, or applying for career opportunities, this workshop will definitely be useful!
Statistics Prep Workshop
Our Statistics Prep Workshop is a 3.5 hour intense primer to help you get ready for your Statistics Class. It covers an overview of Statistics concepts you’ll need to master, tips and strategies to successfully complete the class, and the relevance of statistics to a healthcare career.
Workshops are offered on these dates:
- 6 – 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 23 (elapsed)
- 6 – 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 14
This virtual workshop is currently only offered online.
TEAS Prep (Nursing Entrance Exam) Workshop
Prepare for the TEAS test with the Training Fund!
Sign up for this workshop if you plan to apply for nursing school in the next 6 – 9 months, and if the programs require a pre-nursing entrance exam (like TEAS, PAX, or Kaplan Pre-Nursing).
Previous workshop attendees have raised their TEAS scores by more than 20 points!
This virtual workshop is only offered online, and is FREE for Training Fund members.
How it works:
Attend a 2.5-hour TEAS prep workshop. We’ll mail you prep resources for your Pre-Nursing exam, including online and paper practice tests.
Workshops are offered on these dates & times:
- Saturday, Jan. 22 (elapsed)
- 1 – 3:30 p.m., Saturday, April 23 (elapsed)
- 1 – 3:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8
Please contact us or call (425) 255-0315 for more details.
ELL and Basic Computer Classes
The Training Fund can help you:
Improve your English skills, including for programs, like Nursing Assistant training
Build and improve email and internet skills
Complete health and wellness surveys for work
Practice professional communication
Training Fund ELL and basic computer classes are offered onsite at our various employer locations in partnership with Literacy Source to support members who want to improve their English and/or basic computer skills.
We offer many ways to learn English and computer skills:
Learn at your hospital work-site
Take a college ELL class
Learn with your work department
Learn on your cell phone with Cell-ED
Learn at your work-site
Meet with a tutor for free at work, and during a time that is convenient for you (including before or after your shift) to improve your English and computer skills. Apply to the Training Fund online or contact your Regional Education Navigator to learn more.
Learn with college ELL classes
Take an ELL class for free at a nearby community college. The Training Fund can pay your fees for classes and any learning materials. Apply to the Training Fund online or talk to your Regional Education Navigator to learn more.
Learn with your work department
We are also available to support with work-related changes that require you to learn new computer programs, work responsibilities, or develop English reading and writing skills. Apply to the Training Fund online or talk to your Regional Education Navigator to learn more.
Training Fund Regional Education Navigators also work to transition interested students to I-BEST (Intergrated Basic Education and Skills Training) or other formal ELL classes offered through the community college system.
Learn more and watch the I-BEST video.
Zoom Skills - Previous Workshop
We are now working and living in a more virtual world. Learn how to increase your Zoom skills with Literacy Source and the Training Fund.
The Training Fund recently offered several workshops, which are now available to watch!
Help Everyone Succeed Online!
- Learn better Zoom Practices
- Join the Training Fund and Literacy Source for a virtual workshop that will help you better engage your team, employees, or organization members! This event is built for supervisors, managers, union leaders, organizers or any leader who want to create accessible, more effective virtual workspaces.
- This virtual workshop has passed, but check out a quick summary below!
You Can Zoom Call!
- Let us help you learn how!
- Join the Training Fund and Literacy Source for a workshop that will help you
learn to join a video workshop, and teach you to feel good and have fun on a video meeitng. Learn how to speak, listen and share with your co-workers.
- This event has passed, but you can watch a quick summary video below!
Become A Virtual Leader!
- Take your Zoom hosting skills to the next level.
- Join the Training Fund and Literacy Source for a virtual workshop that will help you become an online facilitator. This event is built for managers, supervisors, team leaders, and employees of all skills who arelooking to host better meetings.
- This virtual workshop has passed, but you can watch a quick summary video below!
Please contact us for more information:
Email us or call (425) 255-0315