As part of the Training Fund’s commitment to provide our members with digital access, we are partnering with Eduscape to provide laptops to Training Fund members who are approved for Tuition Assistance, or who are currently enrolled in a Professional Development Program, beginning Apr 01, 2022.
Simply request your Chromebook by clicking the “Request a Laptop” button and filling out the form, and Eduscape will ship your device directly to you.
The duration of the laptop loan is not intended to exceed 90 days or approved Training Fund program. Extensions may be granted for one term (or 90 days for short-term programs). Training Fund staff will work with you to overcome barriers and create a plan for a permanent solution.
At the conclusion of the program, the laptop will need to be returned to Eduscape.
Am I eligible for a laptop?
- A Training Fund member who has been approved for Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Enrolled in an apprenticeship
- Enrolled in a Professional Development (PD) program
How do I request a laptop through the Laptop Lending Program?
Note: You must be currently enrolled in a Training Fund educational or professional development program to qualify for this resource. Laptop usage must also be in line with approved use and eligibility parameters for the Training Fund.
What is included in the Laptop Lending Program?
- A laptop: Eduscape will ship you a Chromebook, with pre-installed software applications.
- Google and Microsoft Products: The laptop will be pre-installed and able to access Google products (e.g., Drive, Sheets, etc.). You will also be assigned a Virtual Healthcare Institute email, which provides access to web versions of MS Word and Excel.
- Tech support & customer service: Eduscape will offer support services directly to members.
How much does it cost to use this program?
This is part of our commitment to provide our members with digital access, and enable you to achieve your educational and professional development goals.
I just requested my laptop using the online form. What happens next?
Please note: The Training Fund will not be shipping you any equipment.
I requested my laptop through this program, but it has been delayed / not yet arrived.
My laptop is damaged, broken, and/or doesn’t work.
I need help with the applications / software on my laptop.
Eduscape offers tech support as part of this program. Please contact Eduscape support for assistance
I have completed my Training Fund program and need to return my laptop.
Please note: The Training Fund will not be receiving or returning your laptop for you.