Current Open Positions
Tutor (hourly contractor)
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the changing needs of the labor/management partnership.
Title: Tutor (Hourly Contractor)
Reports To: Adult Education Lead
The SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training and Education Fund is looking for tutors to support hospital employees pursuing degrees and certifications in high demand healthcare fields. We regularly need tutors in the following areas:
- Biology, Math, Chemistry, Computer Applications, Psychology, ELL, ABE, GED
- English and Writing
- Healthcare Fields (i.e. Nursing, Medical Assisting)
- Ability to travel to local hospitals in the area to tutor(especially: Renton, West Seattle, Burien, Tacoma, Everett)
- Ability to adapt tutoring style to meet the needs of the student
- Ability to tutor students during off hours, such as nights and weekends
- Experience teaching adults
- Bachelor Degree (preferred)
- Experience working with a diverse student population and English Language Learners
- Bi-lingual (optional)
- Effectively teach subject matter one-on-one or to a small group of adult students
- Work closely with the Educational Support Services team to address students’ instructional needs
- Monitor the progress of students and report out as required
Please submit a resume, a short paragraph describing your tutoring skills and experience, your general availability (with days/times you are likely available to tutor) and three references to email@example.com. Please let us know how you heard about the position with your submission.
Pay: $25 an hour. Position is part time, contracted hourly.
Equal Employment Opportunity Workplace
The Training Fund is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees are entitled to be treated respectfully and without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, age, political ideology, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or disability. Employees are protected from retaliation for complaining of discrimination, opposing discrimination, and cooperating in discrimination investigations.
The Training Fund is a harassment free workplace.