Training Fund members can apply for Tuition Assistance (TA) to cover school-related costs like tuition, books, and other fees for approved programs at accredited and approved schools.
The deadline to apply for Tuition Assistance for courses beginning January 2024 or later is October 15, 2023.
Note: If you’re currently an active TA user, you do not need to re-apply for this benefit.
The TA benefit is based on your Bargaining Unit and FTE:
- For Service/LPN bargaining unit members, the current maximum amount for TA is $3,500.
- For RN and Professional/Technical bargaining unit members, the current maximum is $5,250.
You do not have to be admitted into a program or know the details before applying for Tuition Assistance – our Navigators are available to work with you and create a plan to succeed.
How to apply for Tuition Assistance:
- Complete a Training Fund member application to connect with an Intake Coordinator and Resource Specialist, and get assigned an Education Navigator
- Work with your Navigator on an education plan and resources while Tuition Assistance spots are allocated
- Register for classes & submit your request for funding, if you qualify for Tuition Assistance
- Explore other benefits with your Navigator, e.g., career counseling and tutoring.
My Training Fund Navigator was really great. He walked me through the whole process: applying to the Training Fund, qualifying for Tuition Assistance, and then sending me resources for scholarships to keep my costs as low as possible.
When I was unsure about things, he would reach out on my behalf to help me navigate. He definitely went above and beyond!