Healthcare Apprenticeship Consortiuma multi-union, multi-employer partnership created to provide all healthcare employers within Washington State access to the benefits of skilled apprenticeship training for their workforce.
Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program Overview
Join the Medical Assistant (MA) Apprenticeship program and start your career in healthcare. This is a full-time, paid position combining technical instruction with hands-on learning.
• Pay & benefits: Apprentices are full-time, paid employees with benefits. Apprentices will complete 2000 hours of paid on-the-job training and 288 hours of technical instruction within 12- 24 months.
• Obtain your MA Certification: This program prepares students to receive the MA-C certification and work as a Medical Assistant in Washington State.
• A full-time job at Kaiser Permanente: Apprentices work and learn in full time position at Kaiser Permanente (2-year service commitment required).
Program begins in Fall, 2019. Classroom/lab time will be conducted mostly at Seattle Central College’s Health Education Center at the Pacific Tower near downtown Seattle, and the apprentices will be Kaiser Permanente (KP) employees at clinics throughout Western Washington.
• Applicants must be 18 or older, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be able to perform the physical duties of the role.
• Prior to program entry, applicants must pass an assessment to enter or have completed courses in college level Math and English.
• Participating clinics are in King, Snohomish, South King, Pierce and Kitsap counties.
Interested in Applying?
Applications open May 31st – to learn more, contact Mark Beaufait at 425.255.0315 or email .
Medical Assistant, Kaiser Permanente
“This program will help bring a new perspective to the Medical Assistant field and will help grow the profession. It’s great to work with management to help people move forward in their healthcare career.”