Healthcare Apprenticeship Consortiuma multi-union, multi-employer partnership created to provide all healthcare employers within Washington State access to the benefits of skilled apprenticeship training for their workforce.
Join the Medical Assistant (MA) or Central Sterile Processing Technician (CSPT) Apprenticeship programs and start or upgrade your career in healthcare. These are full-time, paid positions combining technical instruction with hands-on learning. Cohorts are under development — contact your employer or the Training Fund for more information.
• Pay & benefits: Apprentices are full-time, paid employees with benefits. Apprentices will complete 2000 hours of paid on-the-job training and 288-362 hours of technical instruction within 12-24 months.
• Obtain your MA or CSPT Certification: These programs prepare students to receive the MA-C or CRCST certification and work as a Medical Assistant or Sterile Processing Technician in Washington State.
• A full-time job at clinics and hospitals throughout Western Washington: Apprentices work and learn in full time positions (post-completion service commitment required).
Program cohorts are being planned for Winter and Spring 2020. Employers, invest now for skilled workers in the next couple of years!
• Applicants must be 18 or older, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be able to perform the physical duties of the role.
• Prior to program entry, applicants must pass an assessment to enter or have completed courses in college level Math and English.
• Applicants are selected by individual employers who participate in the Healthcare Apprenticeship Consortium. Most cohorts are open to general applicants. Current SEIU Healthcare 1199NW members are encouraged to apply.
Medical Assistant, Kaiser Permanente
“This program will help bring a new perspective to the Medical Assistant field and will help grow the profession. It’s great to work with management to help people move forward in their healthcare career.”