Additional Education Programs
Additional Programs help our members succeed!
The Training Fund has several programs and opportunities to help our members succeed as healthcare professionals.
These education programs are available to members – and some are also available to non-members! Find the program that’s right for you.
RN to BSN program - Bellevue College
Earn your BSN!
This flexible RN-BSN program – in partnership with Bellevue College – is nationally accredited and state-recognized. And it’s designed especially for working nurses like you!
The program is part-time or full-time, low-residency, and has a flexible hybrid model. Training Fund members have priority acceptance.
You may also be eligible for Tuition Assistance Priority Enrollment if:
- You have 1 year of service with your employer
- AND have already been accepted into Bellevue College’s RN to BSN program.
Applicants to Bellevue College’s RN to BSN program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from a regionally accredited institution. Must include at least 35 quarter credits in nursing.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in in all required courses for the ADN.
- Have passed a college level statistics course that includes inferential statistics. Course must be equivalent to 5-credits.
- A current, unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in Washington state. Students in final year of an associate degree nursing program may be admitted, but must take and pass the NCLEX-RN by the end of their second quarter of the program. Successful passing of NCLEX earns the student 45 college credits.
- Must have at least one year of recent (within the past three years) clinical experience. ADN clinical experience may be substituted for students applying directly from an ADN program
The program costs approximately $10,500. Training Fund members can qualify for Tuition Assistance to cover almost all the cost. Some costs (including additional college related fees) will need to be covered by the member.
Discuss financial aid options with your Regional Education Navigator and Bellevue College today!
- Tuition: $9382.60
- College related fees (45 credits): $346.50
- CAS Nursing Application Fee: $56
- Typhon Health Education Tracking System: $70
- Books (approx.): $500
Total (approx.): $10,500
Register for an upcoming virtual info session to learn more!
|Date||Time||Zoom Registration Link|
|June 09, Thurs||12 p.m.||Register|
|June 21, Tue||7:30 a.m.||Register|
|July 07, Thurs||12 p.m.||Register|
|July 12, Tue||6 p.m.||Register|
Contact Regional Education Navigator Melanie Bermudez-Felix (Ph: 425-306-6068)
“I just got accepted into the RN to BSN program through the Training Fund at Bellevue College. The Training Fund helped me with tuition. The process was easy: Fill out your application, submit your stuff, and you’re going to be guaranteed a slot in the program with Bellevue College. I’m like, ‘Yes, here we go! I’m ready!‘
The Training Fund is awesome. I cannot believe you guys did this for us. And that’s fantastic!”
– Monica Clark (Training Fund member for more than a decade, Began RN-BSN program in 2021)
ACET - EVS Safety Certification
EVS members play an important role at our hospitals. There is an opportunity for EVS members to learn more skills and earn a raise!
Refresh your skills, get certified, with the possibility of earning a raise!
This innovative program for EVS Techs can be completed in just 24 hours. It combines interactive online learning and exam (on the Rouxbe platform) with on-the-job training and assessments.
For your convenience, ACET training and the certification exam are offered monthly at on-site locations. The program can be completed in just three sessions.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Be an eligible EVS Caregiver with some on-the-job experience
· Complete a pre-screening assessment (we can provide resources to help you prepare for the training and test, if needed)
Training may be prioritized based on seniority and available spots.
Cost: This program is covered by Professional Development for Training Fund Members, including: instruction costs, laptops, supplies, and ongoing Rouxbe LMS access.
Employers who are not currently contributing to the Training Fund can still participate in this program ($300 for non-members).
Want to know more?
Your Training Fund has partnered with LifeTek to provide discounted courses for common certifications.
We are excited to offer you this opportunity!
Certification courses include:
- BLS for Providers
- CPR Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- ACLS with BLS Combo Courses
Training Fund members will be offered a 15% discount off the cost of the open enrollment cost of selected course as a thank you for using LifeTek. Use the code SEIU15 for 15% off.
If you are interested in having your Professional Development funding cover the costs of a course click here. If you have questions about eligibility or other benefits you may qualify for, here is a link to our eligibility page.
Visit our LifeTek Page to register for a course today!
If you have any questions or need help accessing this benefit, please contact your Training Fund at
425-255-0315 or .
CANCELLATION: Notification of a cancellation must be made at least 72 business hours prior to a class start date and time. Depending on the course, a fee will be charged for cancellations made in less than 72 business hours. You will be personally responsible for the cancellation fee, not the Training Fund. Notification must be called in to
Our Members Say It Best
“The Training Fund can help you advance your career through education. They are here to help you with tuition, advisors, tutors, education planning, emotional support, and information about many resources that will help you through your journey.”
Danielle Davis, MA
Danielle is currently pursuing her ADN with the Training Fund
Navigators look out for their members
“My Training Fund Navigator was really great at counseling me. He walked me through the whole process….applying to the Training Fund, qualifying for Tuition Assistance, and then sending me resources for scholarships to keep my costs as minimal as possible. When I was unsure about things, he would reach out on my behalf to help me navigate. He definitely went above and beyond!”
Paisha Andersen, MultiCare Deaconess Nursing Assistant
Paisha will graduate with her RN certificate in August, 2020 from Spokane Community College.