Additional Education Programs
Additional Programs help our members succeed!
The Training Fund is always looking for new programs, partnerships and opportunities to help our members find their success as healthcare professionals.
The education programs listed on this page are stand-alone opportunities for members. Read more below to find a program that’s right for you.
Bellevue College's RN to BSN program
Make your career goals a reality, earn your BSN!
Learn more about this flexible program designed for working RNs, like you. The Training Fund and Bellevue College have partnered together to create a special RN-to-BSN program.
This is a part-time or full-time, low-residency, hybrid program designed for working nurses. Training Fund members have priority acceptance into the program.
Applicants to the Bellevue College RN to BSN program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from a regionally accredited institution. Must include at least 35 quarter credits in nursing.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in in all required courses for the ADN.
- Have passed a college level statistics course that includes inferential statistics. Course must be equivalent to 5-credits.
- A current, unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in Washington state. Students in final year of an associate degree nursing program may be admitted, but must take and pass the NCLEX-RN by the end of their second quarter of the program. Successful passing of NCLEX earns the student 45 college credits.
- Must have at least one year of recent (within the past three years) clinical experience. ADN clinical experience may be substituted for students applying directly from an ADN program
The program costs approximately $10,350. Training Fund members may qualify for Tuition Assistance to cover most of the cost. Some other costs such as additional college related fees to be covered by the member. Students should discuss financial aid options with their Regional Education Navigator and Bellevue College.
- Tuition – $9382.60
- College related fees for 45 credits – $346.50
- CAS Nursing Application Fee – $54
- Typhon Health Education Tracking System – $60
- Books approximately – $500
Total Approximately $10,350
Want to know more?
Join a virtual info session! Visit our calendar to find an event.
Contact Regional Education Navigator Melanie Bermudez-Felix to learn more.
Phone: (425) 306-6068
“[The Training Fund] helped me with the tuition. I just got accepted into the RN to BSN program through the Training Fund at Bellevue College … The process was easy; fill out your application, submit your stuff, and you’re going to be guaranteed a slot in the program with Bellevue College. I’m like, ‘yes, here we go. I’m ready.’ [The Training Fund is] awesome. I cannot believe you guys did this for us. And that’s fantastic.”
– Monica Clark has been a Training Fund member for more than a decade, and began the RN-BSN program in 2021.
ACET - EVS Safety Certification
EVS members play an important role at our hospitals. There is an opportunity for EVS members to learn more skills and earn a raise!
The Training Fund partnered with Seattle Goodwill Industries to create Advanced Certification for EVS Technicians (ACET) training. Our goals are…
- To reduce hospital acquired infections (HAI).
- To reduce sick time related to injury or HAI.
- To reduce injury.
- To have happier caregivers.
- To have happier patients.
And we need your help to reach those goals.
This 24-hour training teaches EVS members new skills. EVS members will test those skills to earn a certificate. This certificate can lead to more pay.
Seattle Goodwill Industries created the training. We are planning classes, with training starting by 2022!
Your Training Fund has partnered with LifeTek to provide discounted courses for common certifications.
We are excited to offer you this opportunity!
Certification courses include:
- BLS for Providers
- CPR Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- ACLS with BLS Combo Courses
Training Fund members will be offered a 15% discount off the cost of the open enrollment cost of selected course as a thank you for using LifeTek. Use the code SEIU15 for 15% off.
If you are interested in having your Professional Development funding cover the costs of a course click here. If you have questions about eligibility or other benefits you may qualify for, here is a link to our eligibility page.
Visit our LifeTek Page to register for a course today!
If you have any questions or need help accessing this benefit, please contact your Training Fund at
425-255-0315 or .
CANCELLATION: Notification of a cancellation must be made at least 72 business hours prior to a class start date and time. Depending on the course, a fee will be charged for cancellations made in less than 72 business hours. You will be personally responsible for the cancellation fee, not the Training Fund. Notification must be called in to
Our Members Say It Best
“The Training Fund can help you advance your career through education. They are here to help you with tuition, advisors, tutors, education planning, emotional support, and information about many resources that will help you through your journey.”
Danielle Davis, MA
Danielle is currently pursuing her ADN with the Training Fund
Navigators look out for their members
“My Training Fund Navigator was really great at counseling me. He walked me through the whole process….applying to the Training Fund, qualifying for Tuition Assistance, and then sending me resources for scholarships to keep my costs as minimal as possible. When I was unsure about things, he would reach out on my behalf to help me navigate. He definitely went above and beyond!”
Paisha Andersen, MultiCare Deaconess Nursing Assistant
Paisha will graduate with her RN certificate in August, 2020 from Spokane Community College.