Welcome, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) St. Joseph members! You are eligible for our programs and services as early as January 1, 2022.
We offer education and career advancement programs so that you can improve your skills, move up the career ladder, and make a better life for you and your family. After January 1, please fill out our online member application in order to access academic and career navigation services.
These programs and services are available after you’ve been employed by St. Joe’s for three months:
- Career and education counseling services
- Educational support services such as academic support workshops, math and science tutoring, English language classes, and basic computer classes
- Professional Development support such as discounted CPR and Life Support certifications, reimbursement for activities like specialty certifications and conferences/courses that carry CEU credits, as well as free access to CE Direct courses.
Once you have worked for your employer for one year, you may also qualify for Tuition Assistance, which covers tuition, fees and book costs for a wide variety of healthcare education programs at colleges and universities across the region. (Even if you haven’t worked for St. Joe’s for a year yet, contact us to talk about academic support and resources, career planning, and how we can help you reach your goals.)
- Applications are accepted year-round and typically we award Tuition Assistance after October 15. However, since you just joined us, we have a different deadline for Kadlec members to apply for Tuition Assistance: between January 1-February 14 (to pay for school as early as Spring Quarter). We encourage members to contact us early to work with a Training Fund Navigator on your education plan.
- If you are planning to go to school in 2022, please apply for Tuition Assistance between January 1 and February 14. Learn more about Tuition Assistance.
- If you are currently in school and have already been receiving Tuition Assistance from your previous Education Fund, we will work with you to make sure there is no interruption in your education. Please do not pay for 2022 school costs before January 1 (we cannot reimburse you for payments in 2021). We’ll work with you and your school to make sure the transition goes smoothly.
Watch our welcome video to learn more about the Training Fund!
We look forward to serving you as you pursue your education and career goals. If you have questions or need help applying, please don’t hesitate to call (425-255-0315) or email the Training Fund office ().